Every big news is about China this week with Gang Lu, Founder of Mobinode coming in as our guest together with the TWIA crew to chat first about Google's imminent departure from China and providing the perspective from the Great FireWall of China which the rest of the world missed. We also
discussed the two alternative views on QZone, followed by some local stories about Facebook's new job listing in Malaysia and mig33's mobile chat service taking the emerging markets by storm.
- The Microblogging Scene in China: Gang Lu tells us the current new craze in China with Sina's microblogging service and Digu taking the helm.
- Google and China: Google is leaving China and so who stands to gain from this: QQ, Baidu, Sohu, Sina or even Microsoft? We already
- The two faces of QZone: Who is right? Is QZone really failing (Kai Lukoff) or really successful (Ben Joffe)? Let's see which foreigner will win in this match-up thru Gang Lu's local view.
- Facebook Malaysia is hiring: So, we see a job-listing for Facebook in their local jobs portal. Are you interested?
- mig33’s mobile chat service finds success in emerging markets: The Silicon Valley based mobile social networking service which migrated to Singapore finds itself becoming the QQ for the rest of the world.
- Lastly, we just plug TEDxKL and Barcamp Singapore 5 with live shows coming soon.