This week, the crew talks about the browser wars happening in China, the chinese social network trends with a report from CNNIC, the 4G network in Malaysia, and also Daniel's encounter with Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter and Randi Zuckerberg, Facebook in YES2009. We also plugged the Barcamp Singapore event happening this weekend and also the launch of HackerSpace Singapore as well. Here are the show notes for this week's podcast:
- Firefox faces browser clone war in China: If you think that there are only clones from social networks to search engines in China, the browser clone wars is happening. We also talked about the implications of Firefox launching their Chinese version to China.
- Latest statistics on online SNS usage in China: A report by The Chinese Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) on online social network usage in China, sampled from 3007 t
elephone interviews covering 7 provinces in China from a mix of tier 1-3 cities. The crew examine the subtle differences on user behavious in SNSes in China.
- YTL Communications Collaborates with TM to Bring 4G Technology to Malaysia: So, YTL Communications Sdn Bhd (YTL Communications) in Malaysia, will deploy a nationwide 4G network service, what impact does it have on mobile users in Malaysia? The crew starts a discussion whether WiMAX is the way to go.
- Cyworld US Doesn't Know “Graceful Sunset”: We just head back to Korea and offer our condolences on the fall of CyWorld in the countries they expanded to except South Korea.
- Finally, some quips on Daniel's recent meeting with Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter and Randi Zuckerberg, Facebook in YES 2009 which happened in KL early this week. Also upcoming events: Barcamp Singapore 4 and the launch of HackerSpace SG