Gang Lu, co-founder of Mobinode and Open Web Asia from China joins us as our special guest for This Week in Asia. He shares with us what goes on currently with the mobile apps store scene in China and how the iPhone is slugging out against other competitors in the Chinese market. With John, one of the hosts, who just landed in Malaysia after an interesting trip to Nokia HQ in Finland, we discussed a variety of topics (with so much news happening in Asia) that we are almost inclined to do an extra show over the course of the week. Here are the topics that dominate the web and tech landscape this week:
Mobile and Smart Phone Apps Store in Asia
- iPhone and Meizu M8 in China: We discussed about the iPhone Developer Association launched by Sohu and China Unicom and why the sales for authority approved iPhones did not turn out well on the first day. We also talked about the Meizu M8 and the starting 23 apps in their test run new apps store.
- Samsung Bada: Is it Samsung Bada a mobile app store? We examine the implications to the Korea mobile space.
- Pantienon, an iPhone app in Japan on woman taking off their panties: We made some drinking bets over whether iTunes Store will approve this app in Japan.
- Blackberry World in India: So, after Singapore, BlackBerry World is now moving to India. We also checked with Gang Lu the adoption of blackberry phones in China as well.
- Amazon Web Services Caters to Asia-Pacific Businesses with New Infrastructure in Singapore: A big news rocked Singapore yesterday with Amazon Web Services are now bringing their cloud computing services with infrastructure there. We discussed the implications and whether in the long run, Amazon will build another one in India and China.
Finally, the tip of the week: OrSiSo, a place to allow you arrange online friends across various social media tools from social networking (MySpace, Facebook, Friendster and Linkedin), content sharing (Flickr) to microblogging (Twitter)
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.